Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Are New House!!!!

It is still too overwhelming to call it "our" new house, so that is the best that I can do. We looked and looked and finally found a little (yet way bigger than my old house!) farm house we could both call home (and Daisy too!). Jered was so excited, he started making lists! I am still working on my list making skills, so it was wonderful of him to do it for me! We spent the weekend moving out of my old house.......

After a very long weekend of packing and unpacking, we started spending the night at are (still can't do it:) house. This is a view of the HUGE garden that the landlords have, but we are welcome to use. We planted some walla walla onions Saturday evening. There are blueberries, peaches, apples, pears, plums, and I am sure I am forgetting some other stuff. We took the more mature looking lettuce heads with us when we moved, but I ended up planting them in planters and lining the walkway with them. So if you are ever coming over, you are more than welcome to stop on the way up to our (oh I did it YAY) front door and have a salad. It is very nutritional, but you would have to come inside for the ranch dressing......
This is a picture of our (oh now it is easy) kitchen, VERY huge compared to the last one! Shot was taken while unpacking, so in theory it would be clean the rest of the time, but we will see.
This is the view out the kitchen window. The landlord has two drift boats, and they happily invited Jered's boat to hang out with them. The closest building is our storage shed, and Jered set up the boat right next to it. I felt it was appropriate since the river is only 500 feet away! The little fence is part of Daisy's actual fenced yard area. She has never had a fenced yard before, and it is obvious to watch her. We have been putting her out there for an hour or so at a time, but all she does is lay by the gate (I can watch her out the kitchen window) and wait for us to come and get her. It has also come out that she is terrified of cows. There are two that can come right up to the fence, and she barks like a crazy dog every time they come around. She will have to get used to that. I want to be able to leave her outside during the day in the summer, so she can roll around in the grass all day long. We will have to see how that works out.

View of the living room, right off the kitchen. Jered is going to have to build some more furniture or something to fill up the huge room!

The hallway down to the bathrooms (there are two full bathrooms!!!!!) and bedrooms. The house also came with a skinny mirror! That was very exciting for me, and a complete learning experience for Jered.

This pic I am standing in the main bedroom, looking into the bathroom. I am so excited to have such a big closet! There is one on each side just before you walk into the bathroom.

This is one of a million places Daisy has to lay! She can't decide if she likes that or not!

Jered started mowing one of our two lawns yesterday. It was super cute! I think Daisy is going to love it!! I already know that we do!!

2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic!! I think you will really enjoy all the space and "countryside"! We will definitely come for "salad" (and anything else you grow) - we'll bring the beef! Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! We'll come, too! Hope you "our" ready for lots of company! YFAR (That's Aunt Rhona, Allison. I'm the favorite aunt!)

    ReplyDelete