Wednesday, March 17, 2010

More Beavers At Work

Daisy and I were walking around my office around lunch time, when we came across a little tree that appeared to have been attacked by a beaver the previous night. There are many trees surrounding this one that have been nibbled on here and there, but this one looked like it was nibbled in determination.

This was the tree Wednesday, March 10th.
I went back to check on it on Thursday (even though it was pouring down rain) and it looked like there was a little bit of activity.
Friday afternoon (below) we went back to check it again. This time I thought it may be the last time; I expected the tree down on the ground (or drug away by beavers) by Monday. I was pretty excited that I got to capture this beaver at work.
We were pleasantly surprised when we went to check on it Monday!!!!
The beaver must have chewed and chewed with all of his might. Unfortunately, once the beaver got through the tree, the top of the tree hung up in the surrounding branches from other trees. All of that work..........and the tree didn't fall.
The picture below is from a different angle, you can really see how thin the connections are!
As of this afternoon, the tree still hasn't fallen down. I can only assume that the beaver has moved on to another tree.....but I am sure not very far.
Just another reason why I have the best office ever!!

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen a beaver do his work. Where do they go during the day? Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete