Saturday, October 25, 2008

Oddwater

I love going to the aquarium for Halloween. I think this may be the last time I go. I think too many other people love to go. We waited outside in line for twenty minutes or so. Besides one bag ripping disaster, the kids stayed under control, no fights or crying. Each of us had two cans of food to donate for entry. For some reason, I thought my cans that I brought would fit in the wal mart plastic bag that had enough cans for Jennifer's family entrance fee. I was wrong unfortunately, and the bag ripped five or so minutes after I had placed my cans in, so keeping all twelve cans under control until we reached the gate was a little bit of a struggle. Santos was the itsy-bitsy spider (cutest thing ever!), Carmen was a pirate, and Tony was some sort of ninja or something.
It seemed to take forever to get a chance to take this picture! I stood there for minutes before I got a split second then.....someone would walk in front of me, lame. I was ready to move on without a good pic.
Santos isn't mad like he looks, I think the flash may have been too bright for him. He doesn't seem to be scared of anything yet, I am so proud.
This is a lionfish. It seems like all of the pictures that I took ended up blurry, but at the time I was so excited about the lighting in the place. I hadn't got to see "oddwater" yet.


I have never seen a real live nautilus before! The picture is really dark, but from what I remember, they live in really deep water. It didn't seem to be very active, but I still thought that was a real treat to see.


The yellow seahorse is pretty, but I was really impressed with the sea urchins! Can that be real?

Seahorses are adorable! I can't help but love that it is the male that incubates the children. The glass work was beautiful inside the exhibits. The seahorses didn't seem to mind them at all.
I didn't know that cow fish liked cantaloupe!

No comments:

Post a Comment