Thursday, August 20, 2009

At the playground with the Collier's

I hadn't actually gone back and played on Beverly's BRAND NEW playground, so it felt appropriate to adventure back with the Collier's and half their litter. Daisy was going to go with, but I also learned today that there are "no pets" allowed in the playground area. This was a rule that I had neglected to learn in my FIVE plus years working there!! I feel like such a dork, but back to the playground fun (Daisy stayed in the car).
That thing that Trace is standing on is the only thing left that even resembles a swing on playgrounds now-a-days. Swings are very dangerous (=fun) so instead you get a plastic board with a foot of chain; just enough to wobble, not enough to hang yourself. Not quite as fun if you ask me, but ask him, and I am sure it is a totally different story.
Same goes for Malina, she can even do it one handed.
Slides are way more fun, and both of the large slides were a big hit.
Rhyson is now quite the grown up. I don't think he could say more than ten words the last time I saw him.


There were some wobbly stool things that I had never seen before. Malina could stand on them as if they were solid ground, yet for some reason, they were very wobbly when I stood on them.
How cute is that!!

Or that!!!


By the end, Rhyson was certainly turning into the slide expert!!

What a move there too, may be an acrobat in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun!! Definitely makes me feel old to see how even playgrounds have changed and been "updated" and made safe!

    ReplyDelete