Sunday, August 23, 2009

Camp Trip....Finally!

Jered and I have been working opposite shifts all summer, so we were very excited to squeeze in one night of camping that we could share together. Of course, we had to stop at the beach before adventuring too far inland. I do miss living on the beach, but I forget when I go look at my GIANT pumpkins that I have growing in the garden.
This is at Ocean Beach park, ran by the forest service, where you have to pay $8 to park for the day!!! The day use area in the park has like, three picnic tables, then there are stairs to the beach, and that is it!! I was sure glad that I had my coastal passport, so it didn't cost us anything, but still, that seems like a lot of money for a day use area, that didn't really have any room for much "day using". Fun place though, can't you tell?
So we left the beach just before Reedsport and headed up the Smith River. We drove for some time, but slowly driving out of the tidal influenced area. That wasn't exactly one of the goals in mind, but I wanted some warmer weather which meant inland. Daisy just wanted somewhere she could swim. It amazingly wasn't that hard to find.
We found an adorable little campsite, right on the river. Daisy was already swimming with her new Frisbee toy thing! She was so excited.
We saw color change all along the hillsides.....is fall sneaking up on us?
We floated around the river in the kayak, and Daisy swam around with us. We stopped on this bank so she would take a break. She was swimming hard, and didn't want to give up the ball!
Perfect little campsite.

Daisy kept fetching for the majority of the trip, mixing it up between her new frisbee thing and tennis ball.
On her way to get a tennis ball.
On the way back with the tennis ball.
These falls were a couple miles west of our campsite. We didn't stop to swim in them, but it sure looked appealing!

No comments:

Post a Comment