Thursday, September 10, 2009

Yay for Mushrooms

Beautiful mushroom flowers are growing all over a decomposing stump! Oh I love that fall is coming! This beautiful specimen, growing not too far from my office, is the first large bloom of the fall for me. It makes me wish I was a little elf that could jump around, climb, or hide on them. :)

A 10.5 shoe next to the biggest bloom for scale.


The most unfortunate end may come for this precious fruit, for they are growing almost exactly waist high, in a group area, 10 feet short of a bathroom (strangely for some, 10 feet from a bathroom is the best place to use the bathroom??). For those reasons, we did not harvest any. Daisy sniffed them a little, and I just admired their beauty. If they are here, they must be elsewhere.......

No comments:

Post a Comment