Friday, January 15, 2010

Third Coat is a Charm

After 51.75 hours of carrying, scraping, sanding, and painting (each), the floors are complete! The polyurethane took three days to dry, so that gave us time to focus on other things, such as moving out of the Siletz house. The wait was well worth it!
I am so proud of them! There are plenty of imperfections, but it all leads to greater character (or that is what I am going with).
As you can see from this hallway shot, we decided to completely ignore the spare bedroom. That
is going to have to be a whole other project. The floor is in great shape in there, so it shouldn't be as hard as the living room (no linoleum!).
So shiny and clean!! It is a new start for this for this 80 year old house!
The whole project cost $251.31, which includes dump fees for the old carpet, safety supplies, paint remover, sander rental, TONS of sand paper, polyurethane, and painting supplies. I can't even imagine how much it would have cost if we would have paid someone to do it, so I am pretty happy with us. :) I hadn't really done a project like this before, so I learned sooooo much, and had a sore back for multiple days in a row! It was so good for me, and I think Jered had fun too.
There is still a ton of stuff to do, but one project is off the list......bring it on!!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. A wonderful new beginning. I a home could smile, Miss Holly would be smiling with appreciation and gratitude. We all need to be loved. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I love the floor, and you'll appreciate them so much more doing it yourself. We look forward to seeing more house updates in the coming weeks/months.

    ReplyDelete