Saturday, February 28, 2009

Exploring the Alsea, Part 2

It was another relaxing Saturday morning, so we decided to head up the Alsea once again to check out the sights. Not much more than a mile or so up the road from my house was a rhododendron nursery. I had driven past the sign once or twice already, so I couldn't pass it up again. Oh, I am glad I didn't!! It is a beautiful, huge nursery, with rhododendrons around as far as I could see! It was also encouraging to meet one of the owner guys, who seemed to practice a wonderful, holistic, sustainable approach to his business.

And it wasn't like there were just rhodies all around, there were trees and other bushes across the land. Up one of the many roads we came across a greenhouse. It had a lot of the plants that I see in random yards all around my house. We also met our tour guide up there. She showed us the rest of the nursery.
She sure is cute!
She, however, didn't understand why we weren't running up and down the hills like she did. She was very patient with us. I was glad I had left Daisy in the car.
A few bushes over the acres and acres had begun to bloom. I can only imagine how amazing this farm will be when everything blooms! I am totally going back to have a picnic!
There was even a pond on the property!
I was still in awe that there was such beautiful property so close to my home, but was determined to see more. We got back in the car and continued up the Alsea.
Almost all of the parks along the river have boat launches, which I am sure will come in handy at some point or another. There were a lot of boats on the river, but I could understand, it looked green and beautiful.
We made it practically to the end of the Alsea Road, with Mary's Peak our last venture off.
It was there we found snow!!
I think Daisy forgot what snow was. She was very confused when she got out of the car.

The land of super straight trees!!

1 comment:

  1. Such adventures you have!! And what scenery - you are either a super photographer or you have some very nice views! We'd love to do an "easy" hike with you sometime!Esther

    ReplyDelete