Monday, March 30, 2009

Birds of Eckman Lake

Another evening of kayaking on Eckman Lake! It is one my favorite new things to do. Although we have paddled clear around the lake a few times now, it is still exciting to see all of the wildlife that the lake has to offer.

I am totally flabbergasted that these two nests are so close to one another! The one on the right, I think is an osprey nest. We saw it fly in with some more sticks, but I am not a birdologist, but I thought it was an osprey. Even if not, it is some sort of hawk thing. Then in the nest to the left, lives some little black bird (looks smaller than a crow). Little blackie just hangs around the nest and doesn't appear to be intimidated at all that there is a huge predatory bird just inches away! Nature is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment