Thursday, March 26, 2009

Eckman Lake

What a beautiful day for kayaking! I actually wasn't sure if it was or not, I had never been in a kayak before. I figured it was just a long skinny boat, so it would be super awesome. I love it when I am right!!

We have a lake less than a mile from my house, so before we took the kayak out in the river/bay, Jered wanted to start easy and boat around in the lake.

Spring time is so beautiful!

Found a dock in the middle of the lake we took a break at. It was very exciting, and not scary at all!

There was nutria and ducks all over the place! We came across some baby nutria, and for a second I thought they were muskrats. Baby things are always adorable, but alas, they are too fast for pictures! :(

What a wonderful sunset! My first kayaking experience was a blast!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts and your enthusiasm for life! Looks so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me up there. I have figured out that I can post if I'm anonymous, just not if I use my WordPress account! Weird!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete