Friday, March 6, 2009

Flora and Fauna around my house

This was the first blooming thing in my awesome yard!!!! The thing is, I have no idea what it is! Someone, please tell me! They have a wonderful scent, super sweet. I was walking around, following Daisy around to clean up her morning poop, and got a wonderful whiff of these flowers, even over the stinky poop smell!
Down the street is a bright pink tree blooming. I have been told from some very reliable sources that they are some sort of cherry tree.



I guess we are lucky that the housing market is so bad. The end of my street has the most beautiful house for sale, with its own dock and gazebo. It is nice and secluded. Us regular folk have been taking advantage of it while it is unoccupied.


View of the beautiful Alsea River.
Not quite a full moon tonight.
I could tell that the tide was coming in. This poor little duck was paddling as hard as it could toward the ocean, or toward his other friends. Made more sense to me to just fly, but hey, what do I know? If I could fly I would probably fly everywhere.
This heron flew by and landed in the tree above us. It apparently is a "white morph."

No comments:

Post a Comment