Friday, June 26, 2009

Daisy's Adventure..Not in Wonderland

Daisy is in big trouble!
Oh, but how can you get mad at that face!!?
At some point after 3PM (after Jered went to work) part of the fence that encloses the back yard fell down. I suppose she rolled around in the grass for some time, not really paying any attention, but at some point (around 6:30 or so) she realized that part of the fence was missing, so she proceeded to wander out. Since there is nothing but more fencing surrounding almost the entire property, the fences just led her up the driveway and out onto the busy highway.
That day I had been lazily chatting after work, messing around doing errands, and visiting with Jennifer and Santos. Before I left town I decided to go up to the middle school and go for a jog. After the jog, I checked my phone, only to see a very odd local phone number that I had never seen before. I, of course, waited to see if they left a voicemail, which they did. It was a crazy message.......
"Hi, we were sitting in our living room, and a dog walked through our doggy door.....Ummmm, her name is Daisy and her collar has this number on it. Please call us back!"
I was driving by this time also but I quickly pulled over to gather myself before I called these people back! What!!! Daisy just walked through their door and started hanging out!! I couldn't believe my ears.
Daisy continued on the highway, as if we were walking to get the mail, but then proceeded to turn onto Fred Taylor Road just before town. She walked down what would be a few blocks, until she saw/smelled something familiar. Then she just WALKS INTO SOMEONES HOUSE! She was around 1/2 mile away from home at this point!
So when I get there to pick her up, I realize that this house is familiar! OMG! Daisy and I had house sat in the same house, like, six (or so) years ago!! Did she remember this house, and therefore think that she should be able to just walk in?? Did she go inside looking for the attention that she once got (maybe I am just freaking out a little:)?? There she is, walking around with the new renters having the time of her life. They were really nice and understanding, and seemed like most, to enjoy Daisy's company. I was utterly grateful, yet still a little stunned at the coincidence. I really wonder if she remembered staying there. But really just glad that I have her back and she didn't get hit by a car.
Jered fixed the gate today, so it probably won't happen again. It is a very happy ending for all of us, so we continue our adventures in wonderland.

3 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Lucky thing she's an adorable golden retriever and not a rottweiler or something that would have scared the nice people she hung out with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that is to funny. I bet she did remember the house and was like 'Oh I wonder what there up to. Haven't seen them for awhile.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Scary and funny! I'm glad she's home and none the worse for her little adventure!

    ReplyDelete