Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sneak Peak

The excitement has been gradually building after what seemed to be an obsessive amount of shopping/price checking, finally deciding to order from Sears, then finding the order is two weeks out. Friday was the big day, so here goes the overly complicated process that has only gotten us a sneak peak of our new appliances.

I had to be at work at 8am, the shipment with our order arrived at 9am. Jered had to work at 3pm, and he had worked until 8:30 the night before. We measured both of our vehicles the previous night, so Jered was to find the dimensions of the boxes our appliances were coming in. He was not able to get that information from the employees from sears, so he drove into town with the idea to at least take one appliance home (the lighter one that he may be able to unload himself?)

But what does he come to find?? Well, neither of the appliances will fit into his truck! Whatever is he to do? He measured the boxes and thought for a second, then headed north seven miles to my office. Before I knew what was going on (there were interviews going on all day, so I couldn't keep up with the texting) there was a WASHER & DRYER in my car!!

Yes this whole blog is an advertisement for Honda Elements! I love my car so much, and this is just another reason why they are super awesome. Also, since we had a somewhat poor experience with sears, I was also super excited that we were done going to the store, and I don't think we will go back. But yay, a washer and dryer fit in my car! My car is so cool.

So I drove the washer and dryer home around 5pm, and by 12am when Jered got home, I was too tired to get up and unload them. I had to be at work at 8am the next morning (today), so we unloaded them early before I left for work.

And there they sit, which brings me to the sneak peak........
We are saving the very last part so we can see the end result of this closing comedy together. Jered will be home tonight around 12am, so if I can manage to be awake still or wake up at all, we can start unpacking and hooking up. This whole experience has felt like quite a comedy of errors at times! I am so flipping excited to have a washer and dryer, I get goosebumps when I just think that they are right outside my door, just waiting to get hooked up. I am so happy I won't have to go to the laundromat anymore! Time is not going by fast enough! :)

1 comment:

  1. Washers and dryers ROCK!!! They make life so much better!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete