Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fogged In

I got up very early Saturday morning to go salmon fishing. It was foggy when I woke up, and the same when I got into Newport.

The fog seemed high once at sea level, so Jerry and I continued out into the ocean, in great hopes that the fog would dissipate soon.
There was some tuna fishing tournament going on today too, so the marina was pretty packed with eager fisherman.

The fog continued to get worse the farther out toward the open ocean.
On the tip of the south jetty I spotted some Cormorants and a few Pelicans, including the one loner out on the point of the picture below. They were less than 50 feet away and I could barely see them. That really wasn't a good sign......
We didn't end up fishing very long at all. The wind was blowing pretty hard, and the fog was super dense. LAME, but fine. We took a nice trip up the river instead, and that was marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment