Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Garden Update

The sun finally decided to come out after a rain filled weekend. It peeked through the trees as I walked down to the garden to check on the progress. And what progress it has been.......
The broccoli is growing so well! It seems as if every single seed has produced a healthy start. With the help of the landlord, there has been broccoli relocated all over the garden. We are going to have a lot of broccoli, which I think will be fine, and healthy for all of us.

The green onions are also growing very well. The ones closest in the picture are ones that I transplanted from the Waldport house, so although stunned, have managed to take on quite a nice size.
The carrots are just crazy!!!
The landlord has multiple raspberry bushes throughout. They are starting to ripen now, and I can't help but to eat a couple each time I visit the garden. They are so sweet and good!
I have decided I think that corn is a beautiful plant. They have been growing nicely too.
Crazy enough, those are actually peaches on a peach tree, in the garden at our house!! Our landlord turns out to be a professional peach grower, and it looks like all of his trees have a ton of fruit on them. I am so excited to eat peaches from our backyard! I am also excited about the plums, pears, cherries, and apples, but they aren't nearly as ripe yet.
Oh, I almost forgot about.....
The pumpkins!!!! Oh, they are huge, and are going to hopefully produce tons of pumpkins. That would be super fun, we could have a pumpkin carving party.....
Oh, the possibilities.
So the garden is going good so far!

1 comment:

  1. It looks absolutely fabulous!! I can't imagine having all that fresh fruit and vegies so close by! (Especially the fruit!) You will be so healthy!

    ReplyDelete