Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Eastern Oregon Attempt

I am finally ready to embrace the fact that we didn't make it all the way across Oregon as we had intended. I am also ready to not hate my car for breaking down on us anymore. It really wasn't a bad trip, I just didn't know it at the time.........


This is the last documented picture of Jered and I as dating adults!!!! So "casual and uncommitted" :)
Followed shortly by the first documented picture of us as a married "very committed" couple. YAY, by far the best part of the trip!!
So exciting! And off we went.
We planned on stopping and taking many breaks well before my car started deciding when and where we stopped. This is a beautiful spot somewhere around Green Peter Reservoir.
One of the first places my car decided to break down was while traveling over the pass by Mt. Hoodo. There apparently had been a huge forest fire there some time ago (I could tell I didn't get out much). It was beautiful, in the most erie way.

Then the car broke down again.....:) (really, I am not upset about it anymore :)
The next morning, the car started, and we made it to the painted hills. OMG, they were wonderful!! And we saw antelope, which I had never seen in the wild before.







This is at the John Day Fossil Bed Interpretive Center.
Then the car broke down again!! So vacation got cut WAY short, but I suppose now I have a super cool guy to explore with for the rest of my life!!! So I ended up with what I wanted anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to have someone to share these experiences with! It sounds like a very fun trip - even if it wasn't the "planned" trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys!!! There are seconds, minutes, hours, days....years of wonder ahead!!

    ReplyDelete