Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pelicans at the park

The yearly migration of the pelicans has come and almost went. I have failed on capturing them as much as I would have liked, but was pushed into it by JR this very beautiful morning. He called minutes before I sat down at my desk to begin the day of office work, to inform me of this large flock right at the end of Spencer Creek. Patti and I rushed down there, only to startle them as soon as we walked under the bridge (still unsure if it was us that spooked them, but the timing was right).
And off they went, so the pictures are slim, but what do you do?.....still enjoy the moment!!
They have to be the ugliest/cutest birds ever!

2 comments:

  1. You take such great pictures! Stuff we never get to see over here in the valley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the beach sooo much. These pelicans are on such a journey!!

    ReplyDelete