Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Orange with white spots

There is a very large bloom of Amenita mushrooms right up the hill from my office. They are highly poisonous (a hallucinogenic as well) but one of my favorite mushrooms because they remind me of Alice and Wonderland, caterpillars, and all fun, crazy random stuff. These ones were very orange, but were also very out in the open, so maybe are a little sun bleached.
But because of their awesome orange color, I was quite surprised once I got up so close. Most of the ones I have come across in my mushroom hunting days have been bright to dark red. I am extra excited about these ones since I love orange so much.
I am a little disappointed that so many of the pictures that I took came out blurry. The digital macro on my new camera is very sensitive, and I am not used to it yet. The white spots on the mushroom (the most poisonous spots) were extra so white and plentiful, I attempted to get too close, and paid for it in the end.

2 comments:

  1. The ones that came up at the house were definately red...you are right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a red one that wieghs over 2 lbs !

    ReplyDelete