Sunday, October 25, 2009

Married a month!!

We thought we would take a trip into the big town of Newport to celebrate our one month anniversary, although I would have taken any excuse to go to the beach!! After playing in the back woods for most of the morning and early afternoon, a beach activity sounded nice.
Jered is just off staring at the water when it looks as if that tree is going to fall on him any second.

We got to Otter Rock just in time to watch the pelicans flying around. There were a couple (above) on the point of Devils Punchbowl.

But then a million more (below) at the giant Gull Rock, quite a distance out into the ocean. Oh!! I wish I had a huge zoom on my camera! It was grand to watch them fly around.
The sun was starting to set, so we hurried back into town so we could watch the sunset then eat dinner at the Chowder Bowl. It has been so long since I have taken sunset pictures, I may have gone a little overboard, but I don't really care.
I caught this guy right when he is walking through the sun reflection (and his dog if you look really close)! It turned out great!
Got a "fly by" but no pelicans, just seagulls.
It is great to get back to the beach every now and then.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to Allison and Jered!!
    What better way to celebrate happiness than some time at our beautiful beach....Mom

    ReplyDelete