Thursday, January 15, 2009

Office Party

To celebrate moving in the wonderful office, my magnificent boss Patti decided to throw us a party. Although I usually manage to make everything about me, it really was a celebration of the wonderful employees that built the building!

Ron managed to turn his frown upside down once he sat in my super ergonomic chair! But who couldn't smile when there was a giant cheese pizza right next to them?
It is the men of the night!! Barry and Jered are the kings for a day. They have no idea how happy they have made us who are occupying the office right now. They deserve a party! So there you go!
Oh yes, and there is JR too! He did a lot of work on the office too, especially the roof!
He deserves a beer too, although I am a little upset with him that he didn't bring at least one of his million children! Oh well.

It's Guys Gone Wild!!!
Barry, Jered, and JR, the super best guys ever, (I am especially excited about one particular one, but I'm not telling which:)
Barry normally takes the best pictures ever, but he is super mad at me right now. Earlier in the day, I took a picture of him and a pipe wrench that he had amazingly managed to break. I thought it was a great picture and inserted it into the parks "weekly highlights" (low-tech blog if you will). He seemed to think that our director wouldn't appreciate his destruction of park property. I think he will get over it. Have another beer :)
Dave, Dan, and Jim
Dan got laid off the end of December, but I am glad that he could return for the party. He did a lot of work on the office too! It was also very nice to have Jim show up, he doesn't usually come to after work events. He is so awesome! Looks as if Dave had to cut himself off already, even though I am sure he hasn't had a drink (no drinking in uniform:)!
Just before Jim leaves for his long commute home (Roads End I think) he had one more chip. I had to capture the moment!
The party dwindled down, and left just Jered, JR, Patti and I to clean up the mess. The rest of the night we tried to make Jered drink the remaining of the beers. We tried multiple different guilt trips, "oh, we don't want to carry them," and "this is your party, you have to drink all of the beer!" He finally gave in and had another one. What a good sport.
And after all of that, I was the only one that spilled anything on the myrtle wood counter top. I couldn't believe it. After the first bottle of champagne that opened just smoothly, I guess I got a little cocky. The second bottle exploded and spilled all over. Good thing Jered and Barry anticipated such a dumb move, and bought a plexiglass cover for it. Thanks again guys. I had the best week of work ever, and I owe it all to them. Oh I guess I also have the greatest people that I work with, and the weather has been beautiful, and my crazy neighbor hasn't been bothering me, and I have a super awesome boyfriend. But other than that, I owe the best week ever all to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment