Saturday, January 3, 2009

Rainbows and Beyond

On the drive back from looking at a prospective new home for me we saw a beautiful rainbow end around Yaquina Bay Bridge. Funny, thought it was made of steel, not gold.


The rain seemed to subsided after this colorful show. We decided to make the best of surprisingly sunny weather, and my new Coastal Passport that I bought a few days ago, and cruise out to Yaquina Head Lighthouse. This year I am determined to get my money's worth.
There have been many sea nettles washed up on the beach as of late.
Thousands of perfectly round rocks, and not one of them agateized. What a crazy beach!

Pig-alligator?? Fossilized? No, that would be petrified.



Yaquina Head Lighthouse
Crazy stray pelican thought he could hide ten feet up on the side on the road and not be seen. Jered spotted him just before we were leaving the park. It was about time we saw one of them on this coastal adventure, they seem to be super prevalent this year. This one had a yellow tuft that I hadn't noticed in the many other that we have been seeing around; I am waiting for a mutant breed to emerge. They have been hanging out with the seagulls, what else could be happening!
Sunset at Yaquina Bay beach.


2 comments: