Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yaquina Bay....North Side

Another beautiful day off! I can't believe it. Daisy and I took a walk through Yaquina Bay State Park. I didn't check to make sure, but I don't think anyone has to pay to use those telescopes. Way to go, State Parks!
The bridge seemed to look especially beautiful today. Could it be that I have been unappreciative of this magnificent structure, and it is always this beautiful? Do I have optical ignorance disorder??




This "trail" in the park seems to end quite abruptly. I am glad that I wasn't totally engulfed in my photography.
I thought, "enough with the bridge already." I put away my camera and turned to start to climb back up the hill to the road, and a freakin bald eagle flew out of the trees over to the middle of the channel, apparently looking for some food. I couldn't believe that it took me this long before I got my camera out. Pathetic, I tell you.

It flew across the bay and landed in a tree on the South Jetty. I thought that if I hung around for a minute or two I would be able to see it dive for a fish or something. No such luck, but oh, the bridge looked so beautiful.......

No comments:

Post a Comment