Sunday, November 16, 2008

No November Rain!

Got up early again on Sunday (not as early as some, I'm sure) to enjoy another beautiful November day on the Oregon coast. The wind was calm and the sun was threatening to be bright. Jerry and I went under the bridge, through the jaws and into the ocean just before 8am. What a beautiful morning. There were a few pelicans around still (five to be exact). Hadn't seen one since the storm last week.

Turned out that I forgot to put my memory card back into my camera from the last time I downloaded pictures, so I was limited on my pictures. Probably a good thing, I was there to fish.
The moon has faded to the color of a cloud. Last night the moon was so bright it helped me spot a little fawn that was running along side the road even before my headlights reflected off its eyes. Now it is just a faint puff of matter, about to disappear for the rest of the daylight.
Looks like we are on a lake, and it felt that way too. We headed south in search of the cod. I think that is Table Mountain in the background??

Are we having fun yet?? This is literally minutes before our first bite.

First guy wasn't that big, but it sure got more exciting from there. Although this first catch wasn't the largest, he did provide the means to catch the next two.


He spit out a little cabazon fish that we used as bait to catch the next two lings. One of them weighed over 16 lbs.
That was the first big one. We got a smaller Copper rockfish later for bait and then got another ling that was around 16 lbs again. I have only fished for Ling Cod a few other times. I thought it was really fun. They seemed to fight in bursts, then rest for a few, then swim again. Each time it was very exciting.
We had limited out around 11 or so and headed back in. What a perfect trip.
I can maybe almost see a speck of what is the Yaquina Head Lighthouse. Maybe.
It is a really big lake, I have been kidding all along. Just kidding.
I love orange so much right now I am taking random pictures of everything that is orange. Weird.
There were those giant red belled sea nettles everywhere I looked. They didn't show up in the picture though, only me.
That was a huge flock of birds, but they weren't pelicans. Too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment