Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008!!!

Early Christmas morning Jered and the twins thought it would be very interesting to check out Janelle and Austin's blog. I think there they are reading about frozen drinks!
After checking email, facebook, and a few other blogs, Gabe thought it would be nice to paint some more. His artistic side emerging throughout the morning.

Janna getting down to Gabe's level. Will he have hair like that someday??

After a fun and eventful Christmas early morning, it was time for some stocking exploration. Janna seemed to be very excited. She opened hers first.



I can't believe I cut off her hand! I will never remember what she got! Jered thought it was some pens, so I am going with that. All I really remember from the stocking unstuffing was the portable twister game, and I am pretty sure that was something that Eric got....so I am going to go with pens for Janna.

This whole time Grampa John and little Gabe are watching Janna with complete seriousness. How could portable twister be anything but completely serious though, so I can't blame them.
After a little munching for breakfast, Jered and I packed up our stuff and headed toward Logsden. The snow had melted considerably from the night before, but then had refrozen on the roads once again. We got a tiny bit of snowfall while passing Enchanted Forest (which I thought was totally appropriate) but other than that, the roads were pretty clear up until our turn off to Logsden Road. The snow covered the trees off in the distance.
It started snowing on us again over Nash Hill. Off to the left, right after the pavement starts again, there was a small pond with a crazy discoloration in it. We couldn't tell what was making the color difference, but after capturing it, we didn't stick around. Our bellies were growling again, and I was told there would be good eats up at grandma's house.


Weird and pretty, very appropriate for Christmas.We made it there just in time for my sister's wonderful breakfast burritos. They were fabulous!!
My mom loved them too!!
After some nourishment I thought I would be coherent enough to hand out some presents. I got Ashley a BPA free water bottle with survival stuff in it. She liked it, even though it was yellow so the water looked like pee :)
My mom, showing off her wonderful new makeup. She got a whole kit of it from her brother.
My dad is still upset because Obama was elected president, and because the economy is so bad..........
I made my mom the coolest calender, it was by far my most exciting present.
All the while Halo is in the background saying "hello," "peek-a-boo," and other such mumblings. Crazy bird.
Mom and Ashley made a super soup with shrimp and crab. They even 'almost' remembered to make some without any seafood in it for Jered. It was good, awesome because it is the only meat that Ashley eats, and I am not down with tofu dogs on Christmas. No way!
No, grandma did not get run over by a reindeer! She is giving one to Jered! Crazy, it didn't sing that song when you squeezed it, but "Jingle Bells" made more sense once I saw the bells on its forehead.
Jered is so willing to share his coffee with Ashley, she looks so cold with her giant scarf. She is scared to remove her scarf, in fear that her head will fall off. She will have her head glued to her shoulders after a few weeks back at Portland State. Good luck Ashley.

1 comment:

  1. Your photos turned out so cute!!!!

    And yes, it was pens. What can I say? I like cute flowered pens...

    ReplyDelete