Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve 2008

We dropped Daisy off at my Mom's house on our way out to Salem to Esther and John's house. There was little snow clear up to Salem.
It did get a little slick once we got into Salem. I wanted to go to Costco and Sportsman's Warehouse. I would not recommend doing that on Christmas Eve.......

So we walk into John and Esther's house to see two of the most wonderful things.....babies and puppies!!!! Jamin was watching a puppy for the eve, and was going to sneak it over to his friends' daughter for a super surprising Christmas morning. What an exciting present! He was a boarder Collie/Blue healer mix. Cru was there too, and I jumped at the opportunity to take him outside to play (go to the bathroom). Typical winter wonderland, with a lot of super slippery ice. Now that I look back, I am pretty lucky that I didn't end up with more bruises.

There were a lot of large branches that had fallen under the weight of the snow/ice. Definitely what one would call "widow makers".



Gabe and Jered were still on the floor playing when we returned.

I left the leash on the floor for five minutes, and it wasn't half of that time that one of the babies found it and placed it in his mouth!

Jered and Gabe, sittin' by a tree.
With a P-A-I-N-T-B-R-U-S-H.
Oh, closeup of the puppy, what a cutie!!!
We went to the church across the street for a Christmas Eve celebration. After being in that warm church for an hour or so, Jered had to get re-bundled up to go back outside into the elements. He looks great in blue!
The Holm family, full of smiles, even though I am sure it is way past bedtime (for whom, not sure).
We got back to the house with only a few minutes left to spare for playing before it was time to open presents.
They seem to be very curious to what this package may contain.
I have a video of this very exciting event also, but a still is cute also!! The twins open the first present of the night!
And off they go to find another one!!!

The puppy ended up with Cru's chew toy for a minute, but was distracted by a baby, then Cru snuck back over and took the bone back. Cru then slipped Gabe five bucks.
Esther's dad, caring for the puppy once it became pooped out for the night. It is like he understands what it is like to be tired, how sweet. I had a hard time staying up much later than this last picture, but I managed for a little bit. It was an exciting, yet exciting Christmas Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment