Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Party

Our work Christmas party took place in the leaking day use meeting hall. Trace sat next to me and showed off some of his wonderful talents. I told him that his eyes were going to stick like that.

Lisa, now the mother of six children managed to get all of them in the van, bring presents for the gift exchange, and made a huge plate of bacon for the potluck (surely JR helped some). And she does it all while looking beautiful and full of energy. Rhyson was pretty cranky during the whole event, and he just clung to her most of the time. The bacon was great!
Hayley got the coolest pair of glasses a few weeks ago! Unfortunately, they have already been broken from playing around with her brothers. Imagine that, kids playing, hmmmm.
I think Jonathan is the newest parent in the bunch. Gretchen is about seven months old. She has the cutest bright red hair!!
These three were laughing hysterically two seconds before I snapped this shot. I wonder if they are against documenting "fun" because they sure got serious quick!
Rhyson was still cranky, and Lisa needed a break badly. If it wasn't so loud inside, I am sure he would have fallen asleep.
I told Gavin that he looked like one of the Beetles. He had no idea what I was talking about. It is tough being the old fart in the group :).
Although Lisa holds babies all day long, having six of her own, and running a daycare, she still managed to take the time to hold another. Compared to any of her kids, this one must have felt like a feather.
All of the ladies love Jered, here he is getting one of many Christmas hugs. I asked Lorraine where mine was, and she just laughed. Did she not think I was serious?? I love hugs!
Hayley got a fruit basket for the gift exchange. She must have wanted a toy or something, because all of a sudden, the healthiest eater ever blurted out, "I don't like fruit." Ten minutes later, she was munching on an apple. I was "lucky" enough to draw #1 on the gift exchange, so I got to pick my present out of everyone. The big score of the night was a $25 gift card to sportsman's warehouse. I can't wait to use that, I love that store!
After the gift exchange, everyone left but Patti, Alen, JR's family, Jered and I. That really opened up the building to run around and act crazy! It is especially fun to act like a kid when there are so many other kids around. Jered thought so too.

JR was just getting ready to yell at us again, "Calm down!" It was too late, we were having too much fun! Great party.

No comments:

Post a Comment