Saturday, December 13, 2008

Storm Watch 2008

Saturday the wind was blowing like crazy. Not only that, at 11:50 AM there was a super high tide. This is normally a pretty large beach. Definitely not today.

The wind is blowing so hard, Jered can't even keep his eyes open.
We decided to take the scenic drive to Lincoln City. I wanted to go to Grocery Outlet and the Outlet mall. We stopped and acted like tourists when we saw the spouting horn splashing water onto the highway.
We hadn't put on our rain pants yet, so needless to say, we got soaked.
That was a pretty good one. The wind was so strong, the spray seemed to last forever.
The "jetty" is almost totally engulfed by some of the waves. I am sure there were no boats going out of Depoe Bay harbor today. The whale center looked like a good warm place to hang out and storm watch.
There is another little spouting horn at Boiler Bay State Park. By the time we walked out to the point, a down pour had started. I couldn't wait to see a large spray come from the hole, so we left and ran back to the car just after what I would have called a "poof" as shown below.
We still hadn't put on our rain pants, so we are still soaked. Finally, we got the common sense to change our pants. As we came out of the restroom, (my legs just beginning to warm back up) when up in the sky appears a huge flock of pelicans.

Were these the ones that didn't choose to fly south for the winter until right now? I looked up to the north, I could see flocks of them flying toward us, pretty much as far as I could see in general.


It was quite amazing.


So after that hour of amazement, we continue our journey northward. Obviously, here I have appeared to have said something very stupid and confusing.
Then I must have admitted that I said something confusing and stupid, which then in turn makes it very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment