Saturday, December 6, 2008

Super Saturday

Jered's roommates are on their honeymoon in Mexico for a couple of weeks. Jered got the job of watching the cats and dog, as well as any other roommate would. This is Tonka, and she is smirking at me. She is a blue healer, just under 2 years old. Just as sweet and hyper as I remember puppies being. What fun. We decided to have a fire out under the bridge after the boat parade. We took wood down ahead of time and stashed it in the bushes. I could only imagine how complicated it could get attempting to carry wood, drinks, and dinner after dark. There was a fire pit already made, so there wasn't much for me to do but take pictures. What a great view.



I did manage to carry one bundle of wood down.

Looks like there is a storm-a-coming. Hope it stays nice for our bonfire.

Toward the bay, the sky is still clear.

Tonka, reluctantly gets back into the car after a short walk down to our fire spot. You couldn't tell by the look on her face though. What a happy dog.

Five o'clock snuck up on us really fast. I had barely started on my first drink when I realized that we were supposed to be on the bayfront. I had never gone to the boat parade before, so I wasn't sure how long it lasted. With a little extra stashed in our bag, Jered, Tonka, Daisy, and I take off down the road to the bayfront. Just above the Apollo bar there is some construction that has been going on forever (with nothing produced as of yet). That is where we got our first view of the boat parade. I don't know what I expected, but I was somewhat surprised to see a group of boats covered with Christmas lights.

Terrible picture, but that was the view from above the Apollo. Once they all got in a big group like that, they elongated out and drove through the bay. A man that stopped us to pet our dogs told us that they were going to drive under the bridge, which would have been a perfect view from our fire pit. For some reason I wasn't ready to leave the bayfront yet, so we stuck around to watch on the docks. Good thing we didn't, the boats got nowhere near where our fire was going to be.

I took probably twenty pictures, and the two above are the only ones that didn't end up with a huge amount of tracers all around. To bad, there were some cool decorations on some of the boats. The bayfront was pretty full of people, but the dogs did great!
The parade was almost over, and we decided to head off to our spot. The dogs were excited to get off leash. Daisy must have had an itch or something.

You can't tell how many drinks we had had yet. Jered is so cute! :)

Can kinda start to tell.......but still, so cute!

I decided to go off and look for a log to sit on, and almost walked off the jetty into the water. I guess my fall could have been broken by some of those giant boulders down there.
Looks like a crab boat is coming in from fishing.

Daisy and Tonka worked very hard to make sure that no one was going to sneak up and scare us. Best watchdogs ever.
Perfect fire in the fire pit. I hate having a fire if there is no pit. What is the point?? Smokey Bear would be so proud of me :)


We took the beach home. The dogs loved that. So did we, it wasn't as big of a deal to stumble.
Tonka was a wonderful, well behaved guest for the week. Makes me want to get a puppy....maybe.

1 comment:

  1. OH! I heart Tonka and Daisy! SO cute!!! You and Jered are cute too :)
    -Janna

    ReplyDelete